The Prayer Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giving me the strength to read my bible

3 posters

Go down

Giving me the strength to read my bible Empty Giving me the strength to read my bible

Post  latangela Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:52 am

Pray that God will give me understanding while im reading the word of God. At times when i start reading, i start getting sleepy..I know that its nothing but the devil himself tryin to stop me from getting that word in me. Most of the time when i read i see things when i go to sleep..I dream and dream and dream..I go thru alot. I stress bout school,finance. I know that God hasnt forgot bout me..He just want me to believe in trust in him...Ever thing i ask God for i know its Yet to Come..I just want more of God..I want him to fill me up with his spirit. I know im different than others..God chosen me and i know that i have to do my father business but at times i get scared..God Guide me and lead me...

Thanks

God Bless
latangela
latangela

Back to top Go down

Giving me the strength to read my bible Empty Re: Giving me the strength to read my bible

Post  Cheltina Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:09 am

I am the same boat as you I have been struggling with being consistent in reading the Bible and telling my flesh no when it tries to keep me from reading. I pray that you will receive insight and understanding as you continue to read the Bible and most importantly that you will grow close to God so that as you lay your head down to sleep you can rest knowing that God will fight your battles. I curse every demon that seeks to attack you in your sleep and snatch the word that God has blessed you with. I pray that God opens your spiritual eyes so that you can see Him as he leads you in his purpose for his life. In Jesus' name Amen.

Have you tried changing the time you read the Bible. I used to try and spend a half hour in the word every night and every night I got nothing, then I changed to waking up 10 mins earlier in the morning and I got more out of that 10 min reading than I did out of 30mins at night.
Cheltina
Cheltina

Back to top Go down

Giving me the strength to read my bible Empty Re: Giving me the strength to read my bible

Post  latangela Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Thanks for the encouraging WORD..I needed that.
latangela
latangela

Back to top Go down

Post  azenon Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:11 am

I know how you feel but def read your bible in the morning. You will have a clearer understanding and that word will be good for you to meditate on and apply to yourself throughout the whole day. I pray that God will give you a clear understanding of His word each time you recite, meditate and read it.

azenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down