The Prayer Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Positive Peace

3 posters

Go down

Positive Peace Empty Positive Peace

Post  Natural Beauty Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:48 pm

For much of my college career and throughout points in my life in general, I have found that I can be quite pessimistic. I usually don't expect good things to happen because I don't want to get my hopes up and I tend to become complacecent in fear.

As much as I have been able to accomplish in my life, it's sort of backwards that I wouldn't expect good, even great things. God has tremendously blessed me despite my circumstances, yet the negative menatlity (lies from the enemy) managed to creep its way into my mind.

I'm reading a book called The Confident Woman by Joyce Meyer and it is really transforming and turning my thoughts around. Because I am turning my thoughts from negative to positive and conciously making sure that I am essentially patrolling my thoughts, I am experiencing a this new peace that I have never felt before. It's invigorating, and it feels my heart with so much joy.

Although I do a lot of work in ministry with my school and at various churches, sometimes we forget to minister to ourselves because we are so busy ministering to others. Yes of course ministering to others is very important, but if we don't take time to work and minister to ourselves eventually we won't be any good for other people.

I just want to thank God for opening my heart to this amazing peace that I've felt and I solicit your prayers that I will continue to claim and expect GREAT things in HIS name.

Positivity brings peace Smile

Natural Beauty

Back to top Go down

Positive Peace Empty Negative thinking

Post  pynkstarr Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:53 am

I too have been a pessimist at times in my life. Although deep down inside I feel as though God has always been here for me no matter what. And that He will always see me through no matter what hard times I ever have. It takes so much out of me when I am negative though. Thank you so much for advising on the Joyce Meyer book. I will definitely go to the store to pick this up as soon as I can.
God Bless
Dominique

pynkstarr

Back to top Go down

Positive Peace Empty Re: Positive Peace

Post  Fabulosity22 Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:57 pm

I'm working on this right now.....controlling my negative thoughts and emotions. I've been working on this for a month and it actually works! My negative days are at a minimum and my positive thoughts helped fuel my faith in the Lord. I'm still learning but I refuse to let my negative days outweigh the positive ones.
Fabulosity22
Fabulosity22

Back to top Go down

Positive Peace Empty That is awesome

Post  pynkstarr Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:12 am

That is awesome to hear. It is definitely something you have to take one day at a time. I was watching a lady on YT and she spoke about how she writes in a gratitude journal daily. I am going to start doing this myself. I think it may help with feeling better about stuff. As well as being more faithful to God.

pynkstarr

Back to top Go down

Positive Peace Empty Re: Positive Peace

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down