Gettin in God's Word

Go down

Gettin in God's Word

Post  Cheltina on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:48 am

Though I have been a Christian for much of my life I recently went from not reading the Bible at all to reading the Bible every day. I have begun to loose the motivation to read the word of God and I need prayer that my desire to get in the word will only grow stronger and that I will grow closer to God through this.
Cheltina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Getting in His word

Post  toki74 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:15 am

Dear Lord, thank you for life. Thank You for blessing us and saving us as we proclaim You as our Lord and saviour. Lord I pray for Cheltina, who is a daughter of Christ.

Lord I pray that You speak to her, nudge her spirit Lord as she picks up Your word. Lord I pray for "the blockage" to be cleared as she gains full undeterred access to the truth. Lord she seeks it, I know that You will provide a way.

In Jesus's name I pray, Amen

Hi there Cheltina

I recommend a book called "what's so amazing about grace?", by Philip Yancey. It is not a devotional, but it pierces the heart of anyone, who gets stuck from time to time at reading God's word (me included - lol). The book is fantastic and re-aligns you back to why God's word is so important and reminds us deeply at what He has done for us, which trust me will make you run back to the word!

when you've read it - tell me how you got on! x
toki74

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gettin in God's Word

Post  Cheltina on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:58 am

I just found out they have this book in my local library, I'm going to pick it up today!!!! Thanks for the heads up I love finding new books to read Smile
Cheltina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ErieP on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:22 pm

I am going through the same thing Cheltina and I will keep you in my prayers. I just looked up the book that toki74 suggested and I plan on going to my local library as well and taking it out to read. Thank you for the suggestion.

ErieP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down