The Prayer Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Just Realised 1.

Go down

I Just Realised 1. Empty I Just Realised 1.

Post  SammySingally Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm new on here. I found out about this site through Mae's vid.

Today when I was talking to someone about a failed surgery I had some time ago, I couldn't help, but realise that I don't really suffer from t he things I suffered from after the surgery anymore and I haven't thanked God for that or thanked all the people that prayed for me. I know you guys don't know a thing about it, but can you please help me thank God for what He's done for me?

I'll give you guys a summary of what happened, but first, I'll introduce myself:
My name is Samantha and I'm currently 15 years old. At the age of 12, shortly after my birthday, I developed an allergy on my arm. I had had a couple of allergies on my arm before and I had discontinued using whatever I used on my arms during the time the allergies started (and not used them again) so I thought, 'everything's fine,' I had nothing to worry about because I had stopped using the things I reacted to, but on my birthday, a friend of mine got me a lot of things (and even got my puppies who were born 3 days before my birthday, presents). I was so happy. The day after my birthday, I started using the things she got me (though I had opened them the day before). Unfortunately, I reacted to one of them that went on my arms. Unlike the other times I reacted to something on my arm, this reaction didn't go within a week. Actually, it got worse within a week, was WAY worse after a month and kept getting worse and like my arms, esp. my left arm, had a part of it that was about the size of a tennis ball. I told my mum about it, but she didn't really bother, at first, she thought of it as one of those allergies that'll go after a while, then she was like, "why are you always getting sick or having one issue or another?" I always wore long sleeved things and jackets during this time and I had stopped swimming so she never saw it till the day I complained to a nurse about it, I was in a lot of pain, a teacher-friend found out about it and told my mum.

Okay! so, I was in Africa when it got even worse and my mum took me to a hospital that claimed to be one of the best in the country we were in. I was scheduled for a surgery once the doctors saw my arm (it was that bad - what was going on on and in my arm). So, on the day of the surgery, I was on that surgery-bed thingy in a paper dress and the surgeon who was a lady came over with some cutting utensils. She told me to stay in a certain position and I was scared, I asked her if she was going to give me something to numb the pain (anaesthetics, I think it's called). She literally, right in front of me took a spray bottle, filled it with water, sprayed it on my arm and said, "done, you won't feel the pain," then she tried cutting my arm, but I screamed and refused to stay in one place, she asked a male nurse to hold me down then she cut my arm open and I saw the greatest amount of blood I had ever seen in my life. The floor, the walls, the paper dress, everywhere had blood on it and I, was a blood-y mess. The surgeon scolded me for screaming and the blood and everything then she used a syringe and got stuff into my arm and some other things I can't remember right now because I practically was unconscious, but still actually conscious. All I remember is leaving the hospital wit my arm bandaged up with gauze under the bandage and some other things under that. I remember I had to go back to the hospital every morning for a while, moving my arm was a lot of pain, I couldn't sleep properly, I had to be on pain killers and my mother had to clean me up with a cloth every morning (I couldn't have a proper shower or a bath). So, I was told everything was fine now and I'll heal up over time.

A year went by...
then another...
AND I WAS SUFFERING FROM THIS!
Something was wrong, something was different. I could feel inside my arm and it hurt. Like, I'm not talking about touching my arm, not doing anything, I could feel inside my arm, my arm was getting big and it was like the allergy again (though without a bit as big as a tennis ball, it was more like a golf ball at this time).

Now, this is is England. My mum's sister is a GP and when she found out about my arm and the surgery and what was going on so long after the surgery, she said I had to see another doctor and that scared me. I went to a hospital on the same street as Thorndern School and there, tests were done and all, I had to see a surgeon and he told me I had to get another surgery done because there was some damage done in my arms after the first surgery. A letter was sent to our house about the surgery and what I had to do before the surgery which I think was going to be on the 30th of July the. Fortunately, before that day, I went to the Southampton General Hospital and more tests were done (and I had a terrible encounter with a nurse who stabbed my arm 4 times with an injection needle - she was supposed to test me for TB and that wasn't how it should've been done). I was so scared that when I had blood tests and other things, I had to be taken to the kiddies section of the hospital and to somewhere called the "Butterfly room." I then had a meeting with the surgeon (not at the hospital near Thornden I went to) and he told me that if I get another surgery done , I would lose all the nerves in my arm and that there was no way to bypass that. He also mentioned that after the first surgery, the one that failed, all the glands in my arms were destroyed.

I remember everyday, my aunt worked on my hand and all, but it was still a huge problem and there were days when I couldn't move my arm. I prayed, people prayed and today, when I was explaining to someone why I'm scared of hospitals, I noticed that I didn't suffer from anything that happened after the surgery anymore. My arms have felt good, very close to how they did before the whole allergy thing started.

I thank God for this Smile
~Sam

p.s I have another thing to say, but I'll say it in a different post because this one's getting really long.

SammySingally

Back to top Go down

I Just Realised 1. Empty Re: I Just Realised 1.

Post  SammySingally Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:29 am

By the way, was a gymnast when all this happened (the allergy, surgery and all). After the surgery, I couldn't do a thing in gymnastics (I had paused doing gymnastics before the allergy got so bad and till I didn't have a bandage on my arm). I never told the coaches and instructors about the surgery so, they were always yelling at me and once, I actually cried because I couldn't do things I was able to before. The female instructor called me aside and talked to me asking me what was wrong with me and why I was messing up on things I could do well a few months before and then, I had to tell her about the surgery and she was shocked, she was like, "why didn't you tell me? We could have taken things easier on you." I quit gymnastics shortly after because I had too many limitations. Oh! and I went for a taekwondo tournament at some point and the person I was up against kept aiming for my arm and I had to get rushed to the hospital because of how many times my arm got hit and because I was in too much pain I couldn't move it. So, I quit takwondo too (and I had been doing taekwondo for 7 years. That was my 7th year).
The only sport I do now is, well, a tad bit of dance, flexibility things and swimming (I don't do more than that for certain medical reason - anaemia (I'll just say it)). But hey! God heals! So, please pray for me. Thanks

SammySingally

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum